Sunday, January 6, 2008

Ni hao from China!

Ni hao! We made it to China and are meeting our new son Monday morning, tomorrow, at 9:00 a.m. We had a good flight and are now rested. We are getting limited access to internet here so this will be brief.

One family is here in Shenyang and met their new daughter last week. We received a surprise when we read our email from Pam tonight. She was in Dalian today and met Tai when she was in lobby of hotel. From her comments from letter..." He has such good manners"
They told Tai they knew us and we were very excited to meet him. He said he could't wait to meet his family and wanted to see them today!

Will post more tomorrow evening with pics of the big day. We plan to go to Wal Mart and bookstore with him to buy things.

We love you Sarah and Gary and miss you both!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making it to China! Just one more day to Tai. It's almost here! I will be anxiously checking the site for updates. I know I'll be glued to the computer the next couple weeks.

Sincerely,
Mara (in Denver)

Anonymous said...

D and D,
Pastor asked for prays for you guys in Church this morning! All are excited! The Creels adoption fell through. The mom decided to keep the baby. Please pray for them. Angie

Anonymous said...

Duane & Darlene,

Love you guys so much & are so excited for ya'll. Tai sounds like such a sweet little boy. We have been and will continue to pray for each of you!

Love ya'll,
Connie

Cindy said...

How exciting! Tomorrow! I just loved reading Pam's account of meeting Tai. What a blessing to you both to give you a chance to know that he is excited about his adoption! Zach and I can't wait to see pictures! Cindy