


What are the odds?:
1) Three older, ages 5-8, adopted Chinese boys live 45 -60 minutes apart? (The odds are higher when you live in a town like mine with 2 traffic lights!)
2)They are from same city and same orphanage.
3) All adopted from same agency between January and June of 2008
4) That they all have older brothers ages 8 and 9?
I don't believe in chance or luck, so I believe that God put them here in America so close together. Timmy is 8, John is 6, and Owen is 5 yrs old.
We had gotten together with Jill and John, (Dalian boy) and his brother Trey on several occasions since this summer. In June I heard thru my social worker that there was another older boy from China, "in the area". I didn't know he was from Dalian and Mr. Leon could not give me info, due to privacy, so I gave my agency my info..in hopes the mom would contact me but never heard back.
So in Novemeber, we went to the CCAI FL Reunion and at the very end, we were to get in to groups of the provinces from where children are from. There was one other child, a boy, in Timmy's proince we met. We met Owen and his family. Owen was from Dalian, and from same orphanage as Timmy. Then his mom, Chris, told us where they lived and it was only 45 minutes from our home.
So we scheduled a playdate for all three Dalian boys to get together, and it finally happened this past Monday. We met at Chris's (Owen's mom) beautiful home. As we were driving into the neighborhood Timmy informed me that he wanted to live here one day when he got married and had a husband. He gets husband and wife, he/she, mixed up a lot.
The boys played outside and then we went out to eat. Timmy did not want to leave and I don't think he's ever begged me to stay somewhere like he did on Monday. Gary met Owen's 9 yr old brother, Austin and they had fun playing too, along with John's 8 yr old brother, Trey.
Will definitely be planning another play date soon!
5 comments:
I am so happy for Timmy- He is such a sweetie! Congrats!
Very Very Cool! We had a cleft lip/palate play date that I hosted back in september. THere was a family that had just got home with their boy...and another family that had reviewed the same child's file and then found their daughter! So cool that the family that did not adopt the little boy got to meet him and see he was doing so well!! I would love for you to email me off list if you get time..I have some older child ? for you.
Wonderful AMAZING story. Did the boys know each other at the SWI?
Debby
What an amazing God story!!
About the No Hands But Ours button, just be sure you enter the whole code from Ni Hao Yall. Copy and paste it into a gadget xtml code and hit save. It should be work, but if not, email me at chrisnstefanie@gmail.com :)
How wonderful!! So glad the boys have the opportunity to get together. What an amazing gift.
Post a Comment